The USA is one of the most popular destinations for business, travel, and education tours. People worldwide get attracted to the USA because of the glamourization of its vibrant culture and lifestyle. But it’s not easy to get a US visa. But If you’re a Japanese passport, you can get hassle-free entry to the US. You need to have US ESTA in your hand. Let’s see how you can apply for a US visa with a Japanese passport.
Things to Remember Before Applying for US Visa
You must remember certain things before you apply for a US visa. Neglecting these points may result in the rejection of the visa application.
- Any Visa applicant must be fully vaccinated, or if you’re not vaccinated, you’ll have to carry a COVID-19 negative test report. And the test must be done one day before travel.
- Eligible Japanese citizens can also visit the US without any visa under Visa Waiver Program (VWP) for tourism or business purposes.
- For VWP, you need to apply for authorization via ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) before travelling.
- If you’re a green card holder, don’t spend more than 12 months outside the USA. If you do so, you may lose your permanent resident status.
- Provide all your details to the US embassy/consulate while applying for a nonimmigrant visa. For example, if you’re applying for a student visa, then you must attach your educational qualifications, proof of residence, admission details, etc., to the embassy/consulates.
- Make sure you carry all your essential documents like the DS-160 form confirmation page, payment confirmation receipt, appointment letter, and passport. If you miss any of these documents, you might not be allowed for a meeting, or in the worse case, your application will be rejected.
- There should not be any registered criminal case against you in Japan; otherwise, you’ll not be eligible for a US visa.
US VISA Application Process For Japanese Citizens
Since the US and Japan maintain good diplomatic relations, the visa process for Japanese citizens has become easy compared to other nations. Here are general steps for the US visa for Japanese citizens.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the US govt.
- Fill out the DS-160 form, which is the US nonimmigrant visa form. It will take around 90 minutes to fill out the form. Make sure you don’t make any mistakes in the form.
- The next step is to pay the fee of around US$160, which is around ¥21088.
- Once your payment is made, you can schedule your VFS appointment, where your biometric data will be collected.
- Once your biometric data is collected, you can schedule your visa in-person interview, which is the last stage. If you can convince the officer, then your visa will be granted, and if you can’t convince them, your visa application will be rejected.
- Finally, if your visa application is accepted, you can travel to the US. But make sure you don’t exceed the permitted time limit set to your visa. Otherwise, you may face legal action.
Company Name: USA VISA Application ONLINE
Contact Person: Richard Thompson Smith
Email: Send Email
Address:Albany House, 324-326 Regent St.
City: London W1B 3HH
Country: United Kingdom