An Indian Electronic Visa, also known as an Electronic Visa (eTV), is a type of online travel permission. The Indian government has set significant goals to increase the number of visitors to India. Over 169 countries’ citizens can now apply for an e-Visa to India. Overseas tourists intending to visit India no longer need to apply for a traditional paper Visa to India in order to travel, reducing administrative burden. Travelers from eligible countries can obtain an e-visa to enter India. It is a multiple entry visa for e-Tourist and e-Business with a validity of 365 days, a triple entry visa for e-Medical and e-Medical Attendant with a validity of 60 consecutive days, and a single entry e-Conference visa with a validity of 30 days. As most visitors now prefer to complete the Indian Visa Application online, there is no need to go to the Embassy in person and fill out forms and submit documents to the government. Hence, travelers are encouraged to use this program to get their Indian Visa e-Visa as the process is efficient and effective. The India e-Visa can be easily applied for with a short online application. Travelers only need to provide basic biographical information and their passport information.
Types of Indian e-Visa
- Tourist e-Visa
- Business e-Visa
- Medical Visa e-Visa
Eligibility Requirements for Indian Visa Application Online
- Be a citizen of any of the 165+ countries whose citizens are eligible for the Indian Visa.
- The purpose of your visit is tourism, business or medical.
- You must have a valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The passport must contain at least 2 blank pages.
- When applying for Indian Visa online, the details provided must exactly match those in your passport. Any discrepancies may result in visa refusal or delays in visa processing/issuance/entry into India.
- Enter the country only through certain authorized immigration checkpoints, including 28 airports and 5 seaports.
- Make an online payment using your international credit/debit card.
- Check your email address. Your e-Visa will be sent to your email.
India is a wonderful country, and the Indian government is working hard to make it easier for visitors from all over the world to come. This new Indian Visa on Arrival, also known as an Indian e-Visa, is now available to more nations and is the quickest and most convenient way to visit India. There are already 75 countries that are eligible for the Indian Tourist Visa on Arrival, with more on the way. Indian Visa on Arrival is a new e-Visa project that allows prospective travellers to apply for a visa without having to visit an Indian Embassy. Applicants may enter India through one of nine international airports. Another important thing to note is that upon arrival in India, applicants must apply for a tourist visa from their respective countries within 30 to 5 days of landing in India. Apply for an India Visa on Arrival online if you wish to visit the country as a tourist for sightseeing and recreation purposes.
Requirements for the India Visa on Arrival
- An electronic or scanned copy of the first (biographical) page of the visitor’s passport, which must be the standard Passport, and which must remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into India
- You should also ensure that your Passport has two blank pages, which wouldn’t be seen online, but the border officers at the airport would need the two blank pages to stamp entry/exit on.
- A copy of the visitor’s recent passport-style color photo (only of the face, and it can be taken with a phone)
- A working email address to receive the eVisa in their Inbox.
- A debit card or a credit card for the payment of the Indian e-Visa application fees.
- A return or onward ticket out of India.
Online visa applications are available for citizens of 169 countries. You’ll need an Indian visa, often known as an Indian tourist visa, to visit the nation. Visitors from qualified countries may obtain an e-Visa to enter India. Tourism, trips to friends and relatives, short-term medical treatment, and business visits are all permitted with an India e-Visa. All candidates advised that they apply for a regular Indian visa first, using the online application. Individual ordinary visa applications for all countries can be submitted online. For form instructions and to schedule an appointment, go to the Indian Visa Services Online Indian Visa Application Process page.
There are three steps for the Regular Visa Application Form Process:
- The first step is to apply online and get a regular visa application form by mail.
- The second step is to submit your application form and documents at the Indian Mission or Visa Application Centre.
- The third step is to collect your Passport/visa from the Indian Mission, Visa Application Centre, or by post.
Here’s the required documents:
- Applicant photo – A recent photo of yourself, taken against a white background
- Passport personal details scan or travel document showing your photograph and passport details
- Copy of the last page of your passport (if applicable)
- A Valid email address so we can communicate with you
- You can use a Credit or debit card to pay for the fees
In order to enter India, you must first obtain an India e-Visa. A valid passport, an email account, and a debit or credit card are required. Make sure your passport is still valid. Citizens of 169 countries can currently obtain an India e-Visa. Many visitors to India can simply obtain the required entry visa. The Indian government issues the India e-Visa online. In India, three types of e-Visas are available: e-Tourist Visa, e-Business Visa, and e-Medical Visa. The India e-Visa was designed to make the visa application procedure easier and to attract more international visitors. Tourism in India is important to the country’s economy and the introduction of the e-Visa makes it easier for foreign visitors to enter India.
PASSPORT REQUIREMENT FOR INDIAN VISA
- Must have at least six (6) months validity left by the time of arrival in India.
- Must contain at least two (2) empty pages for fixation of approved visa stamps.
- If need be, travelers may be required to produce their former passport used during the visa application process.
- The required Indian visa photo size is 2×2 inches;
- The picture must be in color;
- The photo must have a plain light background;
- Only clear pictures without blurring are allowed;
- Your head height should be from 1 inch to 1.375 inches. Generally, it should be about 1.3 inches;
- The upper part of the torso should be visible;
- When photographing, look directly into the camera. It is not allowed to lower your eyes.
Company Name: INDIAN Official
Contact Person: Robert Haas Rustam
Email: Send Email
Phone: +44 20 7379 4334
Address:Strand, London WC2B 4LA
Country: United Kingdom