To print this article, all you need is to be registered or login on Mondaq.com.
A business visa is one of the categories of visas issued to
foreigners by the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) to travelers
who intend to conduct business activities or conduct business
meetings that do not constitute labour or gainful employment in
Nigeria. It is issued at Nigerian embassies across the world. A
business visa also applies to airline and ships crew members, the
staff of NGOs, INGOs, and researchers.
It is a strict compliance that all foreigners coming to Nigeria
for business purposes need to have a visa for Nigeria prior to
their arrival. However, it can be obtained through the Visa
on Arrival (VOA) route in cases of urgent business travel
and time constraints or the absence of a Nigerian Mission in the
Requirements for Business Visa
- A passport, valid for at least 6 months.
- Duly completed visa application form.
- Two recent passport photographs.
- A Letter of invitation from a company/host in Nigeria accepting
- Evidence of online payment for the visa fee.
- Self-sponsored businessmen may not require a letter of
invitation but will be required to show evidence of sufficient
- High net worth investors.
- CEO of recognized multinationals, invitees of Government.
- Introduction Letter (from applicant).
- CAC certificate of Host company or Permission for an NGO.
- Flight Itinerary.
- Return ticket.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to maintain one’s self in the
- Evidence of Hotel Reservation/host address in Nigeria.
- An applicant may also be required to further provide proof of
the Covid-19 test and vaccination.
After the submission of the documents, the embassy or the
consulate takes time to process and verify the documents to provide
the business visa stamp on the passport. The processing time taken
for a business visa for Nigeria is 10 to 12 business
days. This time span may vary depending on the
verification time required for visa documents or if there are any
complications in the process.
To view the article in full click
The content of this article is intended to provide a general
guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought
about your specific circumstances.
POPULAR ARTICLES ON: Immigration from Nigeria